Month of July
9 am Starbucks/Le
Boulanger at San Felipe & Yerba Buena
Month of July
9 am Starbucks near
Cosentino's/Silver Creek C.C.
July 22-August 5
Bocce Ball & BBQ
RSVP : Sue Butler
New Brighton Beach
RSVP : Sue Butler
1st Mike Ballard
10th Tina Simmons
11th Kelli Castagnoli
12th Chad Kranak
14th Don Pitcher
18th Kevin Simmons
20th Janis Gerlinger
26th Claire Brooks-Schulke
27th Doug Eastman (AKA Dougie)
28th Keith Roessler
29th Jenny Pitcher
No meeting this
month? Your guess is as good as mine!
When: Saturday, August 18, 2007
Time: 5 PM to 9 PM
Cost: $5.00 per person
Where: St. Frances Cabrini Church, 15333 Woodard Rd , San Jose
95124 (at the bocce courts near the school hall by Camden Ave )
What to Bring: Meat to BBQ and a dish to share, either appetizer
or side dish. BYOB
We will have dessert afterwards at a destination to be
determined. The club will provide soda and water. Please
RSVP to Sue Butler, and let me know what you would like to bring.
Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:00 a.m.
The day will be handled the same way as last year. We will
probably be at the camp sites that some of the Las Madres members
have. Afterwards those that want to, can go to the beach.
RSVP to Sue Butler, let me know what you would like to bring.
Niles Canyon Railway
On May 20, 2007, there were 16 of us, which was perfect number of
adults for the caboose. Because of the drier winter, the wild
flowers weren’t as abundant, but the park lunch and dessert on the
train was a great time for all of us to mingle and chat.
Afterwards some when antique shopping into the town of Niles (besides
other places) and some went wine tasting. Another fun event with
our Las Madres buddies. If we go again, we’ll need to go earlier
in the year!
Update of the “BeeHive” show on June 16, 2007 in San Jose . There
were 11 of us that attended. Jennifer loves to go to shows with
me, she wants to see Jersey Boys again! It was a great show, the
music, hair and clothing styles brought back memories. Their
sound system wasn’t working 100%, but we still knew all the
words. No surprise that Randi knew someone. One of her
prior student was one of the 6 girls in the show. (She is heading
off to New York to seek her destiny.) Afterwards we capped
off the evening at the Butler ’s for munchies and drinks.
go out from the Club to Jet Middaugh on the recent passing of Mike.
Kid's Korner From the D'Agostas - Leah is
expecting a boy (as well as Michael's wife)....so Lou and Shirley will
soon be the proud grandparents of two grandsons! From the Gomezes - Melinda is
currently attending a summer program through Pepperdine Law School and
interning for Amnesty International in London.
much discussion, it was decided to try something different
for coffee this year. We will be picking a new place to visit each
month. We will go to that location for the entire month, unless we
decide to have an "away" coffee :-) For the month of July, we'll
meet at the Starbucks/Le Boulanger at San Felipe & Yerba Buena.
There is outside seating both places so if you don't see us at one,
check the other. This way we can get other "goodies" for breakfast if
we'd like :-)
Thursdays in July will be summer coffee at Starbucks by Cosentino's
market near Silver Creek C.C.
e-Mail Tidbit NATURAL
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (or vanilla or strawberry).
12. A bubble bath.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach.
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they love you.
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies.
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38. Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or
bad) never change.
40. Watching the expression on someone's
face as they open a much desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and
being grateful for another beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care
45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no
matter what other people think.
Editor's Note: I definitely agree with 45....as well as 1,
2, 7, 8, 9, 13 (although it can get you in trouble as LM meetings), 15,
17, 21 (refer to previous), 23 (refer to previous again), 24, 28
(especially the OLD ones!), 33.....and I'll have to let you know about