May's meeting is a Game Night at Sally's. Bring your
favorite game and an easy finger food snack to share. We will
play a new game called "Things".
Best wishes to Shirley & Lou D'Agosta who will be
their 35th anniversary on the 11th!
Riviera Cruise in 2009 All
monies are fully refundable if cancelled by the final payment in July
2009......CLICK for flyer! Saturday Coffee
We meet every Saturday morning at
9 am at
Le Boulanger at San Felipe and Yerba Buena. There is a Starbucks
across from it if you need something "special" to go with your bagel or
pastry. Our field trip this month will be May 16th to the
Starbucks at Naglee & Park so we can walk over and visit the Rose
GOD MADE MOMS
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1... He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger
What ingredients are mothers made of ?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice
in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use
string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like
What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My Mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did Mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get
drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection.. She sees the stuff under the
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power
'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of
2... Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who
did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back
of her head.