14th Kindra Claverie (Happy 25th!)
18th Tom Gomez
19th Melinda Gomez (Happy 21st!)
23rd Marti Kranak
When I receive the info from Robin, I will update this article and send out an e-mail.
Ladies Fall Fling!
We are going to "Forest Meadows" where the guys go for their golf trips. It is up near Sonora and we can stay in the great house the guys stayed in. There is a big deck and a good dining room table(for Mexican train) and it is up in a pretty area. It will be a relaxing trip with a little shopping, lots of eating, playing games and gabbing. The dates are Oct. 8-10 and you need to send a $25 non-refundable deposit to Vicki (made out to Las Madres). The first 8-10 people will get beds. At this time, the following 8 members are planning on going as far as I know: Randi, Shirley, Kathy R, Marti, Joan, Vicki, Sally, & Ginny. Bring games, munchies, as well as a swim suit & towel if you want to use the spa. Any questions, call or e-mail Randi.
This year the Westfield Shopping is a day long event on Nov. 14th from 11am to 7pm. Why don't we go and meet for lunch this year at Cheesecake Factory at 11:30am and then we can shop. It is $5 for the shopping pass which is a donation to Westmont's CSF. Remember there are discounts at all the stores and lots of prizes and free stuff. Let me know if you want one and I will save one for you as there are a limited number. Also RSVP for the lunch. Randi :-)
Saturday Coffee Clatches
Meet your Las Madres friends for some coffee and conversation at the Starbuck's at White and Aborn on Saturday mornings at 9am. Every third Saturday is a field trip. I think we're going to the blown glass pumpkin sale but don't know the details for the month of Octover, so watch your e-mail.
The Guys' Rules
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down.
Finally, the guys' side of the story. (I must admit, it's pretty good.)
We always hear from the female side.
Now here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules!
Please note... these are all numbered
1. Learn to work the toilet
You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials
1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.
1. Thank you for reading
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping. Pass this to as many men as you can - to give them a laugh. Pass this to as many women as you can - to give them a bigger laugh!!
Co-Presidents - Robin Nevoli & Cathy Hennig
Treasurer - Vicki Rasmussen
Newsletter & Webmaster - Ginny Gomez
Coffee Coordinator - Tina Cuneo, Coffee Advisor - Randi Heinrichsen
Executive Committee - Randi Heinrichsen, Joan Wilson and Sally Brooks-Schulke