Capitola Sand Castle Building
Call Kathy Roessler for details
Las Madres Beach breakfast at New Brighton Beach
Butlers and Nevolis are the hosts
$ to Joan by September 6
Coffee Clatch Field Trip
Carpool from Joan's
Ladies Tahoe Trip at South Shore
Laura via Cathy Hennig will be the contacts
Ice Cream Social
Put Together Homeless Shelter Boxes
Meeting at Janis’
Adult 20 Years Together Party
1st Chris Tsafos
4th Ginny Gomez
5th Elliott Brown
6th Megan Grady
8th Denise Heinrichsen
10th Greg Wilson
13th Kyle Smith
15th Marian Caso
17th Robin Nevoli
19th Darren Heinrichsen
25th Cathie Martinez
27th Doug Eastman III
28th Cathy Hennig
August Chocolate Fondue Meeting..............from
We had a great time eating chocolate!! If you didn't come it was your loss (in pounds) not ours. We started inside, they we hot, so we went outside, then they got cold, so we went inside. Anyway, that is about all the exercise we got except for jaw jabbing. A good time was had by all!
Beach Blanket Breakfast
20 Year BBQ BASH Recap............from Joan Click for Pics
What a nice turnout we had for the family BBQ held at Evergreen Park. The weather was very receptive and we got a very positive response to Bocce Ball. In fact at 9pm we still had the final dual to finish. Congratulations to runners up Robin Nevoli and Mark Halliwell (Joan's brother and houseguest??) Top honors go to Shirley D'Agosta and Gary Nevoli. May their Italian talent fare
them well. Thanks go to Simmons, Kranaks and Gerlingers for bringing the Bocce. Without multiple sets we might still be there. Thanks also to Claveries for the briquets and fluid and
Nevoli's for the extra BBQ. The food was good ,the company was great, but I was most impressed with our young adults. They all mingled with everyone excluded none and participated enthusiastically. Okay, Leah, I had to pull her arm a tiny bit but it was fun to see her and Taryn dual Lou and Vicki for the chance to progress.
Tahoe Ladies Trip
Plan Ahead for October Meeting
We decided at the last meeting that we were goin to have a "put together boxes for the Homeless Shelter" meeting at my house on October 19th. Start collecting items and saving boxes now. We will be doing adult and kid boxes. Freebie hotel soaps and samples from the mail would be great.
Also if people see things really cheap, like at McFrugals, they can start to pick up things now.
Adult 20 Years Together Party
The Heinrichsens Hit the Stage
David and Randi are in "Hello Dolly" (David is playing Ambrose(the Tommy Tune part) and Randi is in the chorus) at Pioneer High School. The dates are: Oct 4-7, at 7:30 pm and the tickets are $10 for adults and $6 for students. This is an all parent and teacher production to raise funds for
Pioneer Drama. Call Randi at 227-5221 to get seats.
Saturday Coffee Clatches Continue
Come join your Las Madres friends at Starbuck's on Saturday mornings around 9am.
Field Trip on September 23
5440 Thornwood (near Oakridge)
A GET WELL WISH
Our wishes for a speedy recovery to Michael D'Agosta who recently had surgery for a collapsed lung. Shirley says he's doing well. e-mail good well wishes can be sent to: email@example.com
Robin's New e-mail
YOU KNOW YOU'RE GETTING "MARVELOUSLY MATURE" WHEN.............
1. You and your teeth don't sleep together.
2. Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.
3. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.
4. Your back goes out but you stay home.
5. When you wake up looking like your driver's license picture.
6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.
7. When your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.
8. When happy hour is a nap.
9. When you're on vacation and your energy runs out before your money does..
10. When you say something to your kids that your mother said to you and you always hated it.
11. When all you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.
12. When you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.
13. Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.
14. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.
15. Your memory is shorter and your complaining lasts longer.
16. Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.
17. You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
18. The pharmacist has become your new best friend.
19. Getting "lucky" means you found your car in the parking lot.
20. The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.
21. It takes twice as long - to look half as good.
22. Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt - doesn't work.
23. You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.
24. You sink your teeth into a steak - and they stay there.
25. You give up all your bad habits and still don't feel good.
26. You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don't care anymore.
27. You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
28. You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don't even remember being on top of it.
SEPTEMBER WEB SITE
Maybe one of our "lucky" members can win something.
President - Joan Wilson
Newsletter & Web Mistress - Ginny Gomez
Treasurer - Vicki Rasmussen
Historians - Sue Butler & Janis Gerlinger