Movie & Dessert
Ruth will e-mail details
Beach Blanket Breakfast at New Brighton
Save the Date
Details to Follow
Pacific Grove Weekend
Save the Date
Call Dee to reserve a space
7th Abbey Nevoli
9th Dee Castagnoli
11th Erik Rasmussen
17th Ron Miller
21st Phil Smith
27th Ruth Eastman
When: Thursday, August 19
What: Movie & Dessert
RSVP: Ruth if you don't have e-mail
Ruth received new inspiration and has planned a movie and dessert night. Ruth says, "It will probably be XiuXiu at Camera 3 if it's still playing (usually plays at 7 PM)...then we can go to
Johnny Rockets afterwards or the Fountain at the Fairmont for dessert." Ruth will email everyone with final info by Monday, August 16th.
Message from the Roesslers
"Thanks to all of you who showed your support by e-mails, cards, phone calls, flowers, and donations in honor of Kim. Even though we knew we would lose her it's still never easy. Thanks for being there...................................................................................................The Roesslers"
Remember to Read
"Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" by Rebecca Wells for the September meeting.
Congratulations to Melinda Gomez for having been chosen to be in Who's Who for American High School Students, being named First Team-All League and receiving the Coach's Award in Water Polo, as well as making a new "A" times at the South Bay Swim League Championships in both Backstroke and Freestyle.
Krystal Nevoli displayed her artwork at the Cultural Iniviatives/Silicon
Valley reception for Cadwallader School.
Trevor's New Info
Trevor's new apartment address & phone at school:
721 West 11th Street, Apt 1
Chico, CA 95928-7201
IFS AND WHYS
* If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?
* If people from Poland are called "Poles", why aren't people from Holland called "Holes"?
* When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
* Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?
* Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?
* If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?
* Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?
* Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
* Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?
* If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
* Why do women wear evening gowns to nightclubs? Shouldn't they be wearing night gowns?
* If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
* When someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts," and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?
* Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
* Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It's just stale bread to begin with.
* If you mixed vodka with orange juice and milk of magnesia, would you get a Philips Screwdriver?
* Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a "whack"?
* If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked and dry cleaners depressed?
* Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
AUGUST WEB SITES
Take a virtual trip this summer to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
President - Shirley D'Agosta
Newsletter - Ginny Gomez
Treasurer - Vicki Rasmussen
Historian - Randi Heinrichsen